We Are Reopening May 19, 2020
May 4, 2020
Following the announcement from the Provincial Government that hair stylists may reopen business as of May 4th, we are busily preparing to welcome our guests back with open arms (well, not really OPEN ARMS, but you know what we mean!).
Please know that the safety of our guests and of our staff is extremely important so we are ensuring that we have given ourselves sufficient time to assess and address things to the fullest. In order to ensure that we are adequately prepared, we have decided to set Tuesday, May 19th as our reopen date. We are acting on the guidelines mandated by the Province of Manitoba, as well as some additional precautions that we have chosen to take independently.
Although we are not in a position to handle phone calls and emails at this time, we will use Facebook, Instagram, and Email to announce when our phone lines and email will reopen for our customers to get in touch with us.
We are making many changes. The directives that we are following and the measures that we are taking are important. We know that you would be interested in being aware of the safeguards and changes before you arrive at our salon. They are as follows:
- In order to reduce the risk of spreading the virus, guests and staff are required to pre-screen prior to entering the salon, using this tool: https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool/. This screening serves as a reminder that entry will not be permitted to anyone who has been out of province, who has been sick, or has been in contact with someone who has been sick with COVID-19.
- Individuals will not be allowed at Salon POP if there is any hint of COVID-19 symptoms.
- Prior to receiving service, all guests are required to sign a waiver. By signing this release form, it is understood that Salon POP cannot be held liable for any illnesses or injuries that possibly occur as a result of time spent at our business.
- All guests will be required to wear masks while at Salon POP. We prefer that guests are wearing their own mask upon arrival, but if that’s not possible, they will be available at the salon for purchase.
- Upon entry, we ask that guests pay attention to signage and floor markings so that we can ensure that we are all adhering to the mandated space directives which are intended to stop the progression of community transmission of any virus.
- We have installed a plexiglass screen at our front desk to safeguard our guests and team members from airborne germs.
- We have added the ability to use the “tap” feature for credit card and debit payments. At this time, cash payments are kindly discouraged.
- Beverage service has temporarily been eliminated and magazine racks have been removed – please do not bring your own reading materials etc into the salon.
- We will not be taking coats so please leave your outerwear in your vehicle.
- We have reinforced and enhanced a frequent and thorough cleaning program using high quality disinfectant.
- Our occupancy will be reduced 50% and we will stagger appointments in order to be able to maintain the
required physical distance of at least two metres between individuals (except during brief exchanges, or when services are being provided).
- Active workstations will be no less than two metres apart and they will be disinfected between guests.
- Equipment, instruments, and material that cannot be disinfected between guests will not be re-used.
- All guests will be asked to wash their hands upon arrival and to sanitize upon exit.
- We are considerate of individual concerns regarding time spent in the salon and as a result, we will make every effort to enable as quick a departure as possible – there will be plenty of time for chit chat and storytelling when we are all in a more comfortable situation.
- Our door will be locked so that we can control the traffic for entrance and exit.
- Because of the distancing limitations, upon arrival, guests will be asked to contact us via text message and indicate their name, appointment time, and stylist name (204-894-3131). We will advise as to whether or not their stylist is ready to take them. If they are not ready, we will ask the guest to wait outside until we are able to have them enter the salon.
- With these same guidelines in mind, we ask that all guests exercise caution upon entry and exit so as not to infringe on another person’s 2 metre space.
- As ours is a small space, we ask that our guests attend alone – without friends or family.
- Understandably, bookings will be a precious commodity and every attempt will be made to take care of our guests as soon as possible. As a result, until we are caught up, we will only be handling appointments for current Salon POP guests. We look forward to accepting new guests at Salon POP once there is more space available in our schedule.
- For the next while, it is even more necessary that all guests be respectful and advise us as soon as possible if they are not attending their appointment. This will allow us to make someone else’s day by getting them in while at the same time ensuring that our stylists don’t lose an opportunity to generate revenue during that time.
- When our salon reopens, we will have a cancellation/no-show protocol in place. In the event of an appointment being cancelled within a 24hour timeframe or of a guest not showing up for an appointment, a payment equal to 50% of the booked service will be required prior to the guest’s next appointment or prior to a new appointment being set up. The presence of COVID-19 symptoms and illness will be an exception.
- Items will be available for retail purchase but in the interest of reducing the risk of spreading germs, we ask that guests advise us as to what they want, rather than getting it from the shelves on their own. We are more than willing to assist you.
- We are highly concerned about the well-being of all individuals in our salon and we are matching high standards in our industry to ensure that considerable safeguards have been taken to do so. Upon reopening, we are adding a temporary flat rate of $3.00. This Safety Fee will be added to each guest’s total cost.
- We trust that everyone will understand that compliance of the stated measures is critical. Individuals will be asked to leave if this doesn’t happen.
- And last but not least, please know that currently, the only services that we are allowed to provide are hair washes, haircuts, hair colours, and hair styles.
Things will be different when you return to our salon and it will probably be a bit strange for all of us. Please remember though that we still care about and value each and every one of you. We are so appreciative of your understanding and cooperation as we make our way through this challenging journey. Things have been changing rapidly and we will respond and communicate appropriately as soon as we are able. We encourage you to follow us on Instagram (salonpop204) and on Facebook (Salon POP) for updates. As is always the case, but especially now that this information is so important, we ask that you help us to share the message by passing this update along to your friends and family members who are Salon POP guests.
We are looking forward to your next visit,